Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some Things I've Learned About Weight Loss...

I have learned a lot about losing weight over the past month and a half. For one, it's not easy, but it's very doable if you are committed to it. Commitment and patience are the keys in losing weight. You can't expect to eat bad for 10 years and then look like you did in college again in a few weeks. It is, however, very rewarding if you can grind it out and keep that goal in the front of your mind.

I've learned that I lose most of my weight at the beginning of the week. Why? Well because I eat better when I'm at work. I drink lots of water and take my lunch everyday. At home, it's easy to go to the fridge or the pantry to get something to snack on when you get bored. Not at work. I'm constantly busy (keeping my mind off of food) and I have nothing else to eat except for what I brought for lunch. Case in point, I weighed 240 on 2/2. I weighed 237 on 2/4. I weighed 239 on 2/9. That's down 3 at the beginning of the week and then up 2 at the end. Today I am 235. That's down 4 at the beginning of the week. So my challenge is to put together a full week every week.

I've also learned that fried foods and sweets are the enemy (for me anyways). Anytime I "cheat" and eat something fried, it always comes back to bite me on the scale. Sweet Tea and desserts also get me too. I will only drink it once a week now if at all. Even when I drink it once a week it hurts me. So I'm pretty much all water all the time.

I guess I'm learning my body and what puts weight on and what helps take it off. I'm down 30 pounds in almost 6 & 1/2 weeks. Hopefully in another 6 or 7 I'll be down 30 or 35 more!

No comments: