Monday, February 02, 2009

1 Month Down

Well the month of January has come and gone and I am 25 pounds lighter than I was at the end of last year! When I think back it's kind of hard to believe. Sometimes I think to myself, "If I had just been doing this all along, I could already be where I wanted to be by now!" Oh well, better late than never. I feel like 25 pounds in 5 weeks is pretty good. If I can keep it up I should be where I want to be weight wise by late March, early April.

I think the toughest part of all of this is dealing with the weather. I want to be outside running and walking, but the cold weather has kept me inside. So I've been doing a lot of cardio stuff I can do in my living room. It stinks because I hate cardio. I would rather be outside running.

I've been showing people my driver's license picture that was taken in August of 2008. It's really the only picture I have of my face where you can tell a big difference between then and now. It makes it all worthwhile to be able to see the progress like that. When you look at yourself everyday in the mirror you just don't see it as clearly.

I think later in the week I might post a blog about my favorite tunes to listen to while working out. I'll let you (if anyone even reads this anymore) post your favorite songs to get you motivated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

twenty-five pounds in five weeks is awesome!!! the cool thing about seeing results is that it becomes its own reward, so that looking in the mirror is actually satisfying when you remember where you were five weeks ago. yay fredericks!!!