Thursday, February 07, 2008

Update on the House

Okay, so here is the latest on our new home purchase. Tomorrow the air conditioning unit is being installed. Someone stole the old one off the back of the house, or maybe the previous owners decided to take it with them, who knows. The appraisal should be Monday or Tuesday of next week, and we expect it to appraise for way more than we are paying for it, since it is a foreclosure. The final inspection is on Tuesday, the genius inspector didn't finish it the first time because he said the power and water was off. He didn't bother to try flipping the breakers (the power was on) or turning the water valve outside on to allow water into the house (the water was also on). So, we have to go through that again. Other than that, everything looks to be right on schedule for our closing next Friday, the 15th. Needless to say, we are more than ready to move out of this apartment. I will post some pictures of the house once we get moved in and are able to fix it up a bit. Ta ta for now.

2 comments:

JS said...

Last night I was SOOOOO pissed at you. Had a dream that I asked you to drive me to my house from somewhere in Montgomery. You drove me as far as some apartment complex full of thugs and said "you can walk from here right?"
I was like "What? You can't drive 15 more minutes?" so eventually I said "Well at least drive me out of this apartment complex." so you did and I got out of the car in a huff and walked home vowing to never speak to you again, all the while you are driving behind me saying to get in, that youll drive me home. I refused the invitation... jerk.

Ryan F. said...

Maybe I was trying to conserve gas? Did I drop you off at Eden East?