Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mr. Inconsistency

I will admit that I am Mr. Inconsistency when it comes to blogging. Partly because I don't always have time, partly because it's just not that important to me. I don't mind being labeled that way when it comes to things such as blogging, because we all know that blogging isn't that important in our lives.

I wonder how many people though, might label themselves as "inconsistent" in their spiritual lives? For example, maybe one week they spend a great amount of time praying as they should, reading their Bibles, etc. and then the next week only a prayer or two here or there. Maybe they read their Bible one day and that's it. They drift away from God and then come back to Him, only to repeat that pattern every few months or years.

Think about men like Noah who the Bible said "walked with God" (Gen. 6:9). There was a man who could not be labeled as "inconsistent". Now that doesn't mean that he was without any faults, but he consistently followed God and was righteous before Him (Gen. 7:1). That's the kind of man I want to be like. A man who is not sporadic in his faith, but consistent. A man who, although he may have his share of problems in life, doesn't let those things come between him and his God. Just a random spiritual thought for the day.

No comments: