Wednesday, April 01, 2009

New Wardrobe



There are other benefits to losing weight that I haven't mentioned too much yet. One of which I've really started enjoying this week is a new wardrobe. Now, let me say that this new wardrobe has cost me nothing. I've haven't forked out a dime for any new clothes. They were all right there in my closet. In fact, I'm wearing a pair of black dress pants today that I have probably worn 3 or 4 times. They were tight when they were given to me and for the first time I can actually wear them. They look like they are brand new. I also wore a pair of khaki's I found in my closet yesterday that I haven't worn in a really long time. I thought maybe they had a hole in them or something. Nope, they just didn't fit me anymore so I stopped wearing them.

All those clothes that I got and never could wear much I can now wear again. It's really nice because I don't feel like I'm rotating the same few shirts and pants week in and week out. There used to be only 4 or 5 shirts I could wear and feel comfortable in before because I was so big. Now I can wear just about anything.

However, don't worry. I'm not going to be one of "those" guys. You know, the ones who look like they tried to squeeze into their son's shirts. Besides, I'm not that far along yet. I'm at 222 and still losing. It's slowed down a bit the past couple of weeks due to my being sick and not eating very good. I'm back on track now and should be hitting below 220 next week for the first time in years!!

2 comments:

Chad said...

Keep at it. Your doing great. I hit a plateau a few weeks back where I was only losing .2lbs per week or even gaining a little, and I thought, "Well this is hit." But I just kept at it, worked out a little bit harder and just gradually pushed myself a little more and wham bam I dropped about 8lbs in 2 weeks.

Ryan F. said...

Yeah, I guess I've watched the biggest loser on tv enough to see them have weeks of no loss or even gains. I usually know why I haven't lost when I do, it's usually my fault. I'm to the point now where I don't let it get me down like it did in the beginning. I got a bit discouraged a few times in the beginning, but now I know what to expect.

I also took a week off basically while we went to Montgomery the first of March and I found that my body really responded well after a week off. I've pushed myself a little too much physically I think just because I wanted results faster. Now I've started giving myself more time off and rest and it seems to be working.