Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Daily Devotional

So since I don't really post much anymore, I figured at the very least I can post my daily devotional thought here everyday. I do a daily devotional that I mass e-mail out to members of our congregation that sign up for it. It's actually more like a Monday through Thursday thing. If you like, you can sign up through our church website here. So here is today's entry...

Galatians 6:10 – “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Here Paul speaks of our doing for others in this life. The way this is worded tells us how we should do those things. It says “as we have opportunity”. That indicates to me that as we go about our day to day lives we should be searching for opportunities to do good for others. Opportunities may not always exist, but we should have an eye for them so that when they do appear, we are ready to spring into action as a child of God (Matt. 25:34-46). Remember that we should especially look for opportunities to help other Christians as well. Have you seized an opportunity today to help someone?

No comments: