Monday, January 19, 2009

3 Weeks In

So I'm now 3 weeks into my weight loss mission and had another weigh in today. I'm using Monday's as my weigh in day. I was at 245 this morning and I'm pretty happy with that number. First, because it was a loss (4 pounds for the week). Second, because I didn't exercise as hard as the week before. Third, because last weekend I had plateaued a little. Fourth, because the weekends are usually my downfall. This gets my weight loss so far at an unofficial 20 pounds. The reason I say unofficial is because we didn't have a scale when I first started, so I estimated.

What changes have I seen so far? Well, my wife says she can tell that I've lost by looking at me, although I can't necessarily tell. My pants are fitting a bit better (at least the ones that had gotten a bit tight). I definitely feel better too. My back problems haven't been bothering me near as much lately. I also think (or would like to think) that my weight loss has been encouraging others at church as well. I guess they think, "if this fatty can do it, why can't I?"

Other than that we had a very busy week/weekend. I spoke at a youth rally in St. Mary's, GA on Saturday and we were able to hear Cornerstone from Faulkner sing. They did a great job and I encourage you to get their CD because it is well worth the $15. We also had a bunch of people from church over last night for dinner and some fun. Kenzie is crawling all over the place now. It's funny watching her because she is a pretty fast little buger. Well, that's all for now. I'll try to blog more later this week.

No comments: