Thursday, May 08, 2008

Almost There...UPDATED (At Bottom)

So the "busy" week is almost over. In fact, technically it is over since Friday and Saturday are my off days. I was able to get everything done, save some work on my Sunday night sermon which I will try and finish up tomorrow. Tomorrow will be just as busy around here, even though I'm off. I look forward to a peaceful and restful Saturday.

Of course, since I'm writing this, the baby has still not come. Part of our day tomorrow includes Tammy's 9:30 am doctors appt. Basically, from what we were told last time, they will be scheduling us tomorrow for a day to induce next week. I will try and post tomorrow an update on what day we will be going in the hospital. I also have to cut grass and finish cleaning house tomorrow. We have had to really keep up with the housework since we don't know when she might come and our families will be staying here when it happens. We also have a party tomorrow night for a girl at church who just graduated from Jacksonville University. Congrats Jayme! I really think of her like a sister because I like picking on her and annoying her so much. That's what I was best at as a brother growing up. Don't believe me? Just ask one of my 2 sisters.

God is good. What else can I say? I am blessed. I'm glad I can write for the few and far between that stumble their way on here from time to time. I enjoy reading everyone's blog, even if I don't always comment. It's a great way to keep up with old friends that we don't get to see much anymore.

I'm excited about preaching this Sunday. Of course it's Mother's Day, so I'm preaching my Mother's Day sermon. The title is, "Don't You Talk About My Momma!" If nothing else, it's peaked everyone's interest. I'll post a summary about it on Monday.

One more thing. The funeral that I mentioned this past Monday. Well, funerals are actually a good thing to attend. Solomon said in Ecc. 7:2, "Better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of feasting, for that is the end of all men; and the living will take it to heart." In other words, we can learn from a funeral because we tend to reflect on our lives and it makes us really think about things and put them in perspective. Well, this gentleman had been married to his wife, who passed, for 64 years. 64 YEARS! That's a long time to be with someone. I watched him during the funeral and he was either in a daze (I don't blame him) or he was fixed on her in the casket. He and the family were the last ones out (I was still in there at this point) and I watched as he got up, went to the casket, and leaned over and kissed her one last time. That broke my heart. I teared up big time when I saw that. There is nothing more wonderful than to spend your life with someone you love. I'm very lucky to have a wonderful wife that loves me and I love her so that as Prov. 31:11 says, "The heart of her husband safely trusts her". I hope that I can one day say that I was with my wife for that many years! (Of course, I would be 92 years old)

**UPDATE**

So we went to the doctor this morning and we saw a different one today who seemed a lot more "with it" than the one last week. Neither last weeks or this weeks doc was her regular doctor. Anyways, she said she is really not much closer and that they don't really schedule to induce until she is at least a week late. Therefore, we wait another week and go back to the doctor next Friday and do this all over again. Oh well, at least that means I can get in a round of golf this week!

3 comments:

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Hey Ryan - Glad to hear from you. Sounds like you're doing well. Will is cute and looks like you've got a baby girl coming anytime. Hope everything goes well with the delivery. Check on you later.

Chad said...

Good luck with everything and I look forward to your sermon summary next week.

Uncle Rick said...

Hey Ryan,

As soon as baby and momma are face to face, please call me so I can elt everyone up here know. We expect pictures and a post ASAP after the blessed arrival. I know Will is excited. I'm certain Tammy is anxious. We are praying for all of you. We love you. Give Tammy a big kiss from me.